Our home is set to the North West of the peaceful coastal village of Branscombe in East Devon and offers three guest rooms.
We are located on a quiet lane with three other houses nearby.
Branscombe House was originally two cottages built just over a hundred years ago and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
Whilst the bedrooms are generous they are not suitable for wheelchair users. All bedrooms are on the first floor and the staircase is relatively steep
1. Our location is ‘not’ ideally suited to those travelling without a car or other form of transport.
2. The nearest ‘occasional’ – ‘once a week’ shop [the local post office] is approximately one mile away. Otherwise, the nearest shops are to be found at Sidmouth, Beer or Seaton.
3. Local buses stop nearby. These serve Beer, Seaton and Sidmouth with five buses a day in each direction Monday to Friday. There is a reduced service on Saturdays and no service on Sundays or in the evenings. Buses to Exeter and Lyme Regis [and beyond to Weymouth and Bridport] stop about a mile away on the A3052.
4. The nearest railway station is Honiton, which is approximately 8 miles away. Taxis are usually available at the station.
5. We should advise that we adopt a no pets/animals policy.
6. As a general rule, we do not accept children under the age of fourteen.
7. Brochures can be provided in large print if required. We regret we do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
8. Our website www.branscombehouse.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
9. You can contact us by telephone or e-mail. Please see the ‘Contact Information’ section of the document for full details.
10. We ask for a deposit of £50.00 per room to confirm the booking. This should be paid either by a cheque or by direct bank transfer. The balancing payment should be made in cash please as we do not have facilities to accept credit or debit cards.
Arrival and Car Parking:
1. Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time in order that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
2. To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 3.00pm. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement. As a general rule we ask that guests vacate their rooms at latest by 11am so that we have time to clean and prepare the room for new guests.
3. There is off street parking on a level area in front of the main door. We ask that guests park in such a way that will accommodate other guests.
4. Vehicles are left entirely at the owners/driver’s risk.
5. We are always happy to offer assistance with luggage.
1. There is a step of approximately 6 to 8 inches up to the front door and a further step of approximately 4 inches to clear the threshold.
2. The front door is normally open but please use the doorbell to let us know you are here! We do not issue front door keys.
Guest Accommodation - Public Areas:
1. Wi-Fi is available at no extra cost. However, we would ask that you bear in mind the limited speed of our Wi-Fi due to our being in the country.
2. The hallway leads into a guest dining room. This room is carpeted.
3. We have a small conservatory/garden room and access to the garden is through this room.
4. There are twelve stairs to the first floor. There is a handrail on one side of these stairs. The stairs are carpeted.
5. There is a downstairs toilet that is available to guests during the day/evening.
6. We have three guest bedrooms that are all on the first floor [please see section ‘Bedrooms’ for more information].
7. The house is centrally heated throughout with radiator thermostats in each room.
Dining Room and Conservatory:
1. Guests are welcome to use the dining room and conservatory at any time.
2. The dining room is carpeted and has a Wood Burning stove for use during cold weather.
3. A selection of local information, maps and magazines is available.
4. Breakfast is served in the dining room. Guests usually share the large table. However, the conservatory is also available if you wish to take your breakfast here – or indeed on a warm and sunny day you may prefer to take breakfast in the garden.
5. We are not licensed for the sale of alcohol.
1. All of the bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted throughout.
2. All bathrooms have wood floors.
3. Bottled Water is provided in the bedrooms free of charge.
4. Tea and coffee facilities are provided upon request.
5. A hair dryer, radio and television is provided for each bedroom
6. Our beds are all made with good quality duvets, sheets and pillows.
7. There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information
8. There is a wardrobe and also a dressing table in each room.
9. We provide: good quality towels together with high quality shower/bath gel, hand soap, shampoo and conditioner, make up pads, etc.
10. Our bedrooms all have a sofa and/or soft seating.
11. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate extra beds in any of the bedrooms.
1. This room is at the top of the stairs on the left.
2. This bedroom has a 5 feet wide bed [French Style] with access from both sides.
3. This room has dual aspect windows facing roughly in southerly and easterly directions.
4. This room has a wardrobe, a sofa, a television, a dressing table and mirror and two additional chairs.
5. The en-suite bathroom has a bath with handgrips and a shower attachment for hair washing. However, this bathroom does not have a shower facility.
Bedroom [Suite] No. 2: [Bedroom, bathroom, sitting room].
1. This suite is made up firstly, of a twin bedded bedroom and it is straight ahead at the top of the stairs. This twin bedded room has 2 x 3 feet beds each with access only from one side.
2. This room is single aspect roughly in a southerly direction.
3. This room has a wardrobe, a dressing table and mirror and two chairs.
4. The exclusive bathroom to this bedroom [part of the suite] is adjacent and has a bath with a shower facility over.
5. In addition, this bedroom also has its own separate sitting room. This sitting room has a sofa and a television.
Bedroom No. 3:
1. This is possibly the largest bedroom and situated towards the rear of the property.
2. This bedroom contains an antique 4’ 6’’ iron bed [with access from both sides], a wardrobe, a dressing table and chair, a sofa and a television.
3. This bedroom has dual aspect windows facing roughly in easterly and westerly directions.
4. The en-suite bathroom has a bath with a shower facility over.
1. We have a walled garden with flower beds and a waterfall
2. Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden at all times.
3. Access to the garden is via a door in the conservatory.
4. There is a small step into the garden with a further two steps up to the main paved area.
5. Garden tables and chairs are available for our guests.
1. For information, our living accommodation is on the second floor.
2. There is a fire extinguisher in the kitchen and another at the top of the stairs.
3. All rooms are fitted with smoke detectors. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this!
4. The building will be evacuated via the front door. Other means of exit are via the conservatory or the door to the balcony. In an emergency there is also an exit via the kitchen.
5. Please note that we do not permit smoking in the house under any circumstances but you may smoke in the garden. Please request an ashtray.
6. Please let us know well in advance, if you have any particular dietary requirements.
7. We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep any perishables in one of our fridges – subject to our having space available.
8. Mobile phone reception in the house is not good; in the immediate area it is reasonable.
1. Address: Branscombe House, Branscombe, East Devon, EX12 3BJ
2. Telephone: 01297 680477
3. Mobile phone: for calling or text messages: 079 808 715 14. We only use this when away from the house.
4. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Website: www.branscombehouse.co.uk
6. We are open for most of the year. We do take occasional days off and do not allow guests at these times.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide please do not hesitate to contact us.